17th Annual Field of Screams Rap Battle Competition
Saturday, November 02, 2019
Hosted by 92Q
Enter for your chance to compete in one of the hottest competitions taking place at Field of Screams!
- 1st Place - A single recording deal from Manta Ray Records. The winner will work with our production team to produce a single that will be distributed through Sony Music. The song will be promoted and carried on the Manta Ray Records label. * See additional details below
- 2nd Place- Provided by 92Q & Field of Screams
- 3rd Place- Provided by 92Q & Field of Screams
- Send us a link so we can hear your demo OR Send Demo to: 3493 Marietta Ave. Lancaster, PA 17601 ATTN: Rap Battle
- Walk-ons are welcome on a first come first served basis. Come to the Field of Screams Bandstand between 5:00 pm and 6:00 pm.
- Contestants will participate in a Rap Battle (8 mile style).
- Absolutely NO vulgarity or profanity will be tolerated. This will result in immediate disqualification.
- 16 total competitors/finalists will be in the competition.
- 15 of the 16 competitors will be selected from pre-registration.
- Pre-registered entrants will be selected from entries now through October 27, 2019. Field of Screams will notify competitors on October 28th if they are in the finals. Walk-ons will Battle for the remaining 1 spot. Judges provided by Manta Ray Records.
COMPETITION TIME SCHEDULE
- 6:00 pm: 92Q meets all entrants at the stage area (all competitors must meet at this time).
- 6:30 pm: Marcellus takes the stage to begin the show.
- All walk-ons will battle for the remaining spot in the finals
- 2 at a time for 1 minute each
- 7:00 pm: THE BATTLE FINALS BEGIN
- 16 entrants will start
- 2 entrants battle at a time
- A coin toss decides who goes first
- Any foul language or vulgarity = immediate disqualification
- JUDGES and CROWD determine the WINNER
- 8 winners advance to the next round
- 4 winners advance to the next round
- 2 Battle for the Grand Prize
- Last 2 contestants will have 1 minute, 30 seconds each
*1st Prize Details
A single recording deal from Manta Ray Records. The winner will work with our production team to produce a single that will be distributed through Sony Music. The song will be promoted and carried on the Manta Ray Records label.
- Creation of original beat
- Recording session
- mixing session
- mastering session
- Album art
- Distribution by Sony Music
- Promotional materials
Please fill out the form below to be submitted for consideration.